Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where to have something sweet #1

I know, I know, I've been terrible at updating this encyclopedia of all the things I love in Paris. In order to beg your forgiveness, I humbly give you today's favourite spots for the sweet tooth...

CAFE: Le Loir dans la Théière
Because the déco is very grungey student chic and therefore très Marais. Because Alice in Wonderland is very hip right now (thanks Mia and Johnny). Because the lemon meringue pie is... well... you really just have to see it... and taste it... you'll thank me.

Le Loir dans la Théière
3 rue des Rosiers, Paris 4ème
metro: St Paul

***
CAFE: Pozzetto
Because sometimes, even when you're in Paris, you're in the mood for Italy (well, just make sure that doesn't happen too often or we'll have to have a bit of a talk...). Because when that happens, a gelato is just the thing. And because this place has some seriously yummy gelato, served up by actual Italians (and not the stereotype, for once). The coffee's pretty good there too. And they do take-away icecream...
Pozzetto
39 rue du Roi de Sicile, Paris 4ème
metro: St Paul, Hotel de Ville

No comments:

Post a Comment